Wednesday, June 6, 2007

A note from Chris Irons

Chris and Rebecca Irons

A note from Chris:
The opportunity to participate in a great cause, doing something you love with great people, doesn't come along often. I have ridden many miles with my good friend Geo. I can't think of a better reason for the two of us to add more miles to this friendship. Arkansas Children's Hospital provides the greatest of services. I have a close family member who spent time working in the Emergency Room. She would talk about the heart breaking moments when the children would arrive. It would bring a tear to your eyes as you listened to those stories. The stories about the miracles performed were just as emotional. What greater cause can you support, than one that takes care of our children?
For those of you who don't know, Chris and Rebecca will be riding the River 2 River with me. He and Rebecca are as good as you get! Some of you UAMS folks might recognize Rebecca... Residents, y'all remember those chair massages? Yep, that's her. They trained with me a lot getting ready for the ride and they've taken a few days off to go to the Ozarks and ride the mountains. Yep, they're a little nuts too!
From the bottom of my heart... Thank you Chris and Rebecca!