Friday, June 15, 2007

Friday night and almost in tears


Yep, it's Friday night and I planned a low key night and it's so low that I'm watching the sprinkler water the grass. I got bored with that pretty quick and came in as the skeeter spray truck rolled by. I found the Phonak equipment and decided to test it tonight. Where I thought the on/off switch was, wasn't. So I found the instructions online and the next thing I know I was hearing so crystal clear I was in shock. Right now I'm typing in the office which is at the other end of the house and I'm listening to a comedy. It's on TV. Now don't laugh but it's a cooking show called Paula Dean. I have never really heard her before. Oh man, what an Southern accent!!! I laughed and laughed!! The Phonak equipment is putting the TV right into my hearing aid. This is blow away cool! I went walking around in the yard, flipped the switch and there was the TV. What am I going to do with something for cool??? I love this new hearing technology.

All I can think of now is training my butt off tomorrow so that maybe someone will donate a good sum of money so a kid can get one of these systems. They cost about $2,500 each but think of how a kid would succeed in life with one of these!!

If you would like to make a tax deductible donation towards the River 2 River ride you can go to our hospital secure site at http://www.archildrens.org/ or you can send a check to:
Arkansas Children’s Hospital Foundation
Attn: Geo’s ride
800 Marshall St
Little Rock, AR 72202

Thanks for reading!
Geo.